Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year, New Fun


We spent a lovely New Year's weekend doing very little except sun and fun. I've been on an antibiotic, so I've had far less sun time than I've wanted for the past many weeks. Alas, this weekend was another weekend of fun.

We received a lovely Christmas check from my grandparents and we decided to use that money to take a sunset, whale watching cruise on the North Shore Catamaran. I've always wanted to do it, but honestly I think they are a little pricey.


Last night, we boarded the boat and headed out. You BYOB and they have a pupu platter set up for the guests. It was a pretty evening and as we headed toward Waimea Bay, we could see the full moon rising! About this time, people started seeing whale spouts. As we turned the boat around toward Ka'ena Point and the sun was setting, we saw a whale breach! It was so cool!!!! He wasn't as close as when we've seen them on bigger boats in Waikiki, but it was pretty awesome!
Sunset was behind the mountain and we rode back to the harbor with the full moon above us...gorgeous Saturday evening!!! Happy 2012!!


No comments: