Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birthday Fabulousness

Turning 35 was pretty freaking awesome and it resulted in a 4 day celebration! It started on April 7th, when I came home from school early to a lovely steak dinner prepared by CRH that I enjoyed with Eve Hart and CRH. They gave me my birthday gifts and it was a great kickoff!
Friday, April 8th (my actual birthday), I woke up and got a sweet song from my Baby Pooh Bear. I had to go to practicum that day, but they were kind enough to let me out at 1:30pm. I picked Eve up and took her to see Soul Surfer. If this is playing in a theater near you, you MUST go see it. It's amazing and totally inspired my kid. She got the message and I was super proud of her. After the movie, we caught the end of sunset and Eve insisted we have dinner at Luibueno's.

Saturday, the day after my birthday, I celebrated with a FULL day on the beach. I went out around 9:30am and I came home for meals (which I then took out on the beach to eat). Eve and I returned from sunset that night around 7pm. It was totally like being on vacation, but at home.

The festivities finale was Sunday at the Kokua for Japan concert. We saw Willie Nelson, Mick Fleetwood, and Jack Johnson all perform along with some other great artists on the lawn of the Hilton in town. There were maybe 4,000 people there and we had pretty great seats. I came home to another fabulous dinner and some great wine.
Fantastic weekend!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks Jonas! I'm glad you enjoy it. If you haven't visited Hawaii, I highly recommend it!
Amy