Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Fun and The End of Innocence


We have had a fantastic Easter Weekend here at the Hart house. Friday kicked off the weekend with an Easter Egg Hunt (tradition) and then a trip with 3 kids to the beach. This ended with some sassiness from my kid, who as it turns out doesn't do so well around other kids, but we managed to have a fun day playing in the sand and stalking some sea turtles.

Saturday was an adventure to see a lame Easter Bunny in Mililani and started Eve's questioning of the Easter Bunny's authenticity. In hindsight, I should have skipped this step. Saturday afternoon we went to another beach and then came home and dyed eggs.

This morning we woke up to the Easter Bunny and such. Eve opened her basket and started munching the candy and the questioning started. She said to me "I'm trying to decide if you are the bunny. Your handwriting looks like the circle on the paper I left asking if the bunny is a boy or a girl, you know where my Easter pail is, and you are a girl.". It seems that she wasn't quite buying into my story that the Easter Bunny circled the paper herself and that because she's magical knows where baskets/pails are kept. She stopped for a while and we went to the Farmer's Market, webcammed with family, cooked and ate a huge Easter meal that I made from scratch (mostly), and stopped off at a beach for pics.

After dinner, I took her to the beach for a walk where we saw a million (or 10) sea turtles, hung out for a few hours playing in the sand and water, and ending with sunset.

Once home, she started in again on the bunny stuff. I would not confirm nor deny, but she's totally onto it. I'm super sad because I know that essentially this is the end of the childhood magic. Once you figure one out, you connect all of the dots.

No comments: