Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was an awesome day...I wish everyday could be Mother's Day! The family treats me so very well. Yesterday, they came home with a box of Godiva...always a winner. I woke up this morning to Kona Coffee flavored chocolate chip pancakes with Nutella...can you stand it?? Eve made me the cutest poster ever and they gave me a cool turtle necklace. Initially this weekend, we were going to hike Koko Head Crater. Yesterday we had to go get CRH a futon, so there was no time. Today, I had wanted to go to the Farmer's Market and the beach but I thought it would be fun to do something new. Then, we got there and I saw that the steps went straight up the mountain. I have huge height issues, but I thought I might be able to manage it ok. We got about half way up and I bailed. I kept looking up thinking OMG, I'm going to have to get back down...looking down and thinking HOLY CRAP...so I pulled the Mom card and said I couldn't do it. They were all gracious and down we went...very slowly with a long line behind us.
It was BEACH time afterwards. We headed to Kailua for lunch at my favorite deli and then attempted to go to the beach there, but it was super packed. I hate packed beaches immensely, so we decided to come back up to the North Shore. I often wonder why I ever leave this area...there's just no need. We have the most awesome beaches, grocery stores, shops, food...I mean what more do you need?? I do occasionally leave for work and once school starts in August I'll have to leave, but that's it. We spent 2 delightful hours out on the beach and came home to taco night!
It was a great Mother's Day weekend! Hope you all had a great one too!

No comments: