Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Snorkel Time

We had an awesome weekend of sun and fun. Saturday, I spent 5 hours at the beach. I can't remember the last time I did that...nor can I remember the last time I was able to do it without hearing a lot of complaining from the family. I should thank their friends, really. Anyway, we went to a new beach for us Saturday here in Haleiwa and I sat in my chair watching sea turtles swim around for hours. Finally, CRH brought some snorkel equipment around and I actually swam with 2 of them in the water. One was a smaller, younger turtle and one was pretty huge. A few weeks ago, I saw 3 baby turtles swimming at Papa'iloa. That was awesome! CRH went wayyyy out on Saturday and swam with like 7 or 8 of them.
Sunday, I did manage to clean the house. Sometimes I actually do chores before I play...it's rare, but the floor was dirty and it was bothering me. We went to Shark's Cove and I found the snorkeling kind of lame, but we did see another turtle and hung out with him a little. I saw some humu humus, a Moorish Idol, a parrot fish, and a giant unicorn fish...so I guess it didn't totally suck. It just wasn't as gorgeous as I'm used to seeing there. I'm ready to trek back down to Hanauma Bay. C'mon visitors!!

No comments: