Tuesday, March 10, 2009

S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G

Holy Crap...the parents are in trouble. Eve is learning to spell. Tonight I was calling someone stupid, but I didn't want it ever repeated to that person, so I spelled the word to CRH. Eve looked at me very smugly and said "I know what that spells". CRH said "No, you don't...". Eve said "Yes, I do...but it's a bad word and I can't say it". We granted immunity for her to say it and she whips out with "Stupid...it spells stupid" and then grins from ear to ear. Then having NOT learned the first time, CRH was talking about a relative and said "Maybe she was D-R-U-N-K...". Eve pipes up again and says "I know what that spells too...drunk". She proceeded to sit there very pleased with herself. OMG...she's 5...we are soooooo screwed. Of course, maybe we should stop talking about people...but since that isn't going to happen, I may have to learn Russian...until she catches onto that.

No comments: