Monday, September 7, 2009

It Doesn't Suck to Be Us

Yesterday morning Amanda and I got up and went to the Haleiwa Farmer's Market for a lovely stroll around. It's a great market and this was my 1st visit of many to come. We split some fried green tomatoes...omg didn't know I could get that bit of happiness on a plate here in Hawaii!!!!!
After this bit of domesticity, we headed out for sightseeing. We went to Pearl Harbor and did the USS Arizona Memorial (of course). I have a thing with this...you guys feel free to correct me if I'm just being a racist bitch. I think it is VERY rude for Japanese tourists to go out to the monument and take smiling family photos...I mean I find this appalling. I'm not trekking to Hiroshima and taking smiley pics. I actually don't think anyone should use this as the backdrop for a smiling family photo, but I just think it's extra rude when they do it. I'm not discriminating against the Japanese...for God's sake watching them with their fashion is in fact a Hart Family favorite past time...I'm just saying. Anyway, we then toured the USS Bowfin submarine. I'd never been on a sub before...not for me...wouldn't have lasted a nano second. Jeez...how do those guys freaking breathe??
We went to Waikiki for dinner out on the beach while we watched sunset. Bourke pointed out that it doesn't suck to be us. It really, really doesn't.

This morning, we snorkeled at Shark's Cove again before their flight. As always, I saw some cool fish. Eve had fun playing in the tide pools. I'd say that is the current fave beach for when she's with me, but I'm hitting Sunset Beach tomorrow with a book while school is in to rest and relax...I feel like I've been on vacation for the last week. We had a great, fun filled, action packed time with the Vaughan Family! Who's next??

No comments: