Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Turtles and Fishes

Today was the 1st official day of the Vaughan Family visit. We got up this morning and played out on our beach. Then, we headed up North Shore to see Sunset Beach and some of the other beaches. It was rainy so we kept driving to the turtle beach. The turtles were only sort of out. We saw a bunch of them in the surf, but they were not coming out on the beach. So, we left and I dropped them off at Shark's Cove while I went to pick Eve up from school. We joined them after school and I watched the kids while Bourke and Amanda went out to the deeper part. While I was standing in the tide pool, I saw a Zebra Moray (eel)...super cool! After snorkeling, we went to Haleiwa for some shopping and shave ice...yum, shave ice! AND on the way to Haleiwa...the turtles were out on the shore...two of them! Tomorrow, I work and CRH is off to entertain. Thursday, we go to the Big Island.

No comments: