Sunday, April 25, 2010

Awesome Visit


My grandparents came this past week to visit. They are the most awesome people ever. My grandfather is 81 years old and my grandmother is 78 years old and the two of them can work circles around normal people...truly amazing people. Anyway, they arrived Tuesday night and I brought them home the loooong way around the island because I had to stop and pick up Eve. I kept Eve home from school on Wednesday since it's a half day anyway and we tried to go sea turtle hunting and to Waimea Falls, but it rained...so we saved that for Thursday. Friday was a Furlough Friday day here (so no school for Eve) and we spent the entire day at Papa'iloa Beach. We saw 9 sea turtles that day. I was in the ocean playing with Daddy Roy, CRH, and Eve when one of the turtles swam up in a wave RIGHT beside me. It startled me and I screamed...then I realized what it was and I took off trying to swim after him. I was swimming against the current and he has flippers...so needless to say I didn't stand a chance. Saturday, Eve had her annual hula performance at Kualoa Ranch (which was the main purpose of their visit). Eve did a really great job! They LOVED watching her perform! After her performance, we had dinner at a shrimp truck and then watched sunset here in Haleiwa. Today, we had a leisurely day here at home, went to see CRH's store, tried to go to the Hawaiian Plantation Village (only to find they are closed on Sundays), and ended up doing the Pali Lookout before taking them to the airport. It was a whirlwind trip...loved every second of it!

No comments: