Friday, August 1, 2008

Elections, Fires, and the Oil Industry

Ok, admittedly I rarely watch the news anymore. I hate this in some regards because I was a news junkie at home. If there was a major event (like earthquakes, fires, and I don't know...a Presidential election)...I was glued. Here, I don't really care so much. I know...awful right. My poor mother just cringed in her seat.
What I have read and I am pissed about though is this...I paid $4.41 a gallon yesterday for gas and Exxon posted a record $11.68 BILLION profit...are you freaking kidding me? Yes, I read the whole article about how they buy more crude oil than they refine...blah, blah, blah...I don't care. Gas SHOULD NOT be this high and they SHOULD NOT be profitting so much off the public...period. I hope Obama does something to change this.

No comments: