Thursday, February 26, 2009

I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts

Today I went to the beach for HOURS...it rocked. CRH burned himself yesterday, so he didn't come...shame. Anyway, I sat out at Pipeline and read and watched the few surfers that were out. One of the surfers was this cute little boy that was about 9 or 10 years old...such a cutie pie and he was catching the waves too. Then on the way home, I stopped at a roadside stand for a coconut. I've lived here for 10 months now and I keep saying that I want to do that...but rarely (never) do I have cash on me and the roadside vendors don't exactly take Visa. I have to say that I think I'd built it up in my head a little too much...it wasn't the yummiest treat in the world that I had imagined it to be. I'm going to cut it up now and see if I enjoy the meaty part. I've had that before and it was ok...MUCH better than that shredded crap they sell in the stores...yuck. Tonight, Eve is staying at Khristy's (she's a goddess!) and CRH and I are going to town. We are having dinner at the NEW Jimmy Buffett restaurant in Waikiki...he's going to be playing here this weekend...maybe we will see him! I was too cheap to buy the tickets...they were like $75 a piece before the Ticketmaster charges...I just couldn't do it.

No comments: