Wednesday, April 29, 2009

At Least No One Died...

well, not that I know of. Today I left work at 4:30pm with the anticipation of arriving home at 5:30pm. I got here at 8pm. Why's that?? The road was closed. Yes, THE road...the ONE road that leads all the way from Kaneohe to Haleiwa. The ONE road that I live on...seriously closed. The last time this happened to me, I got stuck at The Crouching Lion which was ok because there was alcohol (and food). Sadly though, someone did die in that wreck...quite tragic. Today, a fuel tanker collided with another truck and spilled about 50 gallons of fuel all over Kamehameha Hwy. I called the PD and they told me to turn around and go around the island because the earliest the road would open would be 7pm. I did and rocked out with George Michael and CCR while looking at the ocean. I guess it could have been worse...but 3 1/2 hours to get home?? C'mon...

No comments: