Monday, January 5, 2009

Mother of The Year...

is not up for grabs by me again this year...damn it. I made it to January 5th this year...which is MUCH better than last year when I lost it on the 1st. My crime this year...letting Eve answer the door while I was in the bathroom and her Dad was in the bed. I come out of the bathroom and she's holding a package and some gum. She told me our neighbors had given it to her. I asked why she waited to open it (she had been playing with them earlier in the day...so I assumed she had gotten it then). She informed me that she had not waited...they just gave it to her. I asked when...very confused as to how this had happened in the 5 seconds I was gone from her sight. They apparently knocked on the door...she opened it...talked with them...closed the door. We had a very stern conversation about not answering the door when your parents are NOT available. I mean it's Hawaii and fortunately it was our neighbors at the door...but still...only 360 days til I get to try again...
Woo Hoo!!

No comments: