Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dolphin Hunting

Khristy, my wildlife friend, called me this morning to tell me to get in the car ASAP and head to Waimea Bay to see a pod of 30 dolphins. Eve and I flew around and got dressed...but sadly they had moved on by the time we got there. We drove along the coast (because there is one road and no other way to go), but never saw them. I dragged her to the turtle beach so it wasn't a totally wasted trip. It was early, so we just saw one swimming in the surf...still pretty cool. Eve says she doesn't like them. I asked her is she had any idea how lucky she is to live in a place where there are sea turtles?! She didn't seem to care.
Another Hurricane is brewing, but seems harmless to us...Guillermo...wtf is with the hurricanes? One hasn't hit here in over a decade...we move here and wham! ;) Of course, if it's like Felicia we're all good. It rained a little...that was it...no winds, no flooding.

2 comments:

Blasé said...

But, did you see Flipper?

Amy said...

Sadly, no...although Khristy passed back thru the same spot later and swore she saw them again...Eve and I were both looking and didn't see them.