Saturday, November 21, 2009

Furlough Friday Field Trip


Well now Gov. Lingle is backpedalling so fast her legs may fall off and trying to end the Furlough Fridays, which would be awesome. Her solution is to use the state's rainy day fund...hmmmm, thought they might have looked at that option BEFORE furlough but whatever...I'm a little less bitter at the moment.
Yesterday, Eve and I both had dental appointments...fun, fun. I didn't have any cavities...yay me. Eve did though. She had one from last time that they were watching and now they want to fill it. I really wish they had done that before when CRH took her b/c now her appt is on Dec. 8th. CRH has a visit that day, so I'll have to suck it up and do it. Yikes!!
After the morning of fun at the dentist, we had a yummy lunch in Haleiwa at the Grass Skirt Grill...would definitely recommend it (as evidenced by my taking the time to blog about it here). Then, we headed to the Dole Plantation for an educational field trip. CRH was off and he had missed our last visit there right after we moved. We did the pineapple express train through the fields, completed the World's Largest Maze and found ALL 8 hidden stations, and had Dole Whips (delicious pineapple ice cream in a waffle cone). I asked Eve at the end if she'd learned anything to which she proudly responded "No". Eve likes doing stuff with us, but she's pretty pissed that we have deemed Furlough Fridays as educational days as opposed to vacation days...guess we shouldn't have made the distinction out loud.

No comments: