Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We had a lovely one here in sunny, warm Hawaii today! It's so weird celebrating Thanksgiving in 80 degree weather though...this is the 2nd year in a row. I wonder when it becomes "normal"? Eve and I got up this morning and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, as is TRADITION in our house. I LOVE that parade...LOVE IT! I went in 1996 or 1997 and it was fantastic! I'd love to take her one day when she's older. Anyway, I made Nutella Pumpkin Pies this morning and we talked to the family and texted with friends.

After the parade, Eve and I went to Foodland and picked up our turkey dinner. I'll say that it was a pretty fine dinner. The turkey was already cooked, all we had to do was warm it up (which I successfully did!). The sides were tasty. We opened a can of cranberry sauce (can indentions and all) and we were good to go. CRH has to work from 7pm until 7am tomorrow, so Eve and I went to visit our friends, Khristy and Tracy, for a little while. Then we came home and ate our yummy dinner with CRH before he went to work.
Eve and I finished the night with A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. It was a great day and we have so much to be thankful for this year. We have a great little family here. CRH and I have been together for 10 years, married for 9 of those. We have a cute kid. In this horrible economy, we both have jobs. Our family is in good health. Our friends are fantastic. We live in Hawaii...what more is there? Hope you all had a great one!

No comments: