Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SHE PUT HER FACE IN!

OMG...stop the press...Eve Hart put her face in the water! A very thankful shout out to Kevin and Julie for telling me the snorkel mask trick. We had tried goggles, but the mask did it! Yesterday, Eve and I went to Kmart and she got a snorkel set. We promptly went home and tested it in the shower to determine that water would in fact NOT get in her eyes and nose with this mask on...she did it in the shower. I was excited, but knew better than to get my hopes up. Today after school, she begged to come home and go out to the beach in front of our house (The Castle as she calls it.). This is my kid that could care freaking less about going to the beach. I jumped on it. We went out there and swam around and she saw fish and loved, loved, loved it. I was so proud of her!! She was proud too...she told me a little bit ago that she's so excited that she's getting to see all the things that she's been missing in the water.

After snorkeling, we went to Shark's Cove. I had not been there yet, but Eve had gone with Kevin and Julie last week. It's basically this awesome tide pool area. I suck for not taking those of you that have visited thus far because it rocks. It's like you are walking around in an aquarium...amazing. We saw sea urchins, a sea cucumber, Moorish Idols, Tangs, crabs, and Triggerfish. I cannot wait to go back.

No comments: