Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why I Should Stick To Baking (or Oops! I Poisoned The Family)

Apparently, I should know my place in the kitchen and NEVER EVER venture away from it again. Last night, Eve decided that she wanted salmon and havarti pizza for dinner instead of the spaghetti I was planning to make. I thought that sounded good, so I agreed to make it. We actually had all the ingredients, but I wasn't sure when I had purchased that package of smoked salmon with no expiration date on it. (In the end, I realized that if that is ever the case again...I should throw it away!) I opened the fish and it smelled ok (fishy...but it's a fish after all). We continued on with the making of the pizza and eating of it. It tasted fine. CRH even came home from work and ate the leftovers. A few hours after CRH ate his portion, he started feeling bad. CRH has a "sensitive stomach" anyway, so it did not occur to me that anything was wrong. Then, I went to bed and about 5 seconds after I laid down...CRH came in to tell me that we had a problem. Eve had barfed ALL over her bed. This continued every 3 hours through the morning. I never got sick, but apparently I gave my family food poisoning.

No comments: