Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day

We had a good day today. We got up and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I love that freaking parade so much...it's a staple. Now it officially feels like Thanksgiving...I've seen the parade and had pie. Then, I talked to my family on the web cam...oh, how I miss them today! I had not seen my brother since I left...got to look at his gorgeous face today. I cried when we hung up...mostly b/c I miss them...also b/c Eve was being ugly about a Qtip and her ear and wouldn't talk to them. I felt sorry for her, but mostly for them. I'm not loving 5 btw (I had previously been living for 5...thought it would be MUCH easier...not so...now looking forward to 8 or maybe 28)...but this is Thanksgiving and I'm only talking about what I'm thankful for...

Anyway, after this web cam chat we went to our friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was great and I'm very pleased to report that my Nutella Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie are now beloved in multiple states. After dinner, we went for a walk on the beach...loved it. I had my toes in the water on Thanksgiving!! Now, I am home digesting massive amounts of food...reading the ads for the stores that I will not be visiting tomorrow (it's tradition) and I'm going to watch a movie...ahhhhhhh.

I am so very thankful today for my sweet husband, my mostly darling daughter, our family, our friends, the kindness of people here to welcome us into their home, the chance to live here, and all the wonderful things that we have been afforded...life is good. We are very lucky.

No comments: