Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch and Other Weekend Goodness

It has been another fun weekend at the Hart house. I love fall...even in Hawaii where it's still 88 degrees. After work on Friday, I met CRH and Eve at the library. We checked out some fun new books and then headed over to the mall. I played with all the new phones so I could further agonize over my upgrade decision. It's a big commitment picking a new phone that I'll have for the next two years, but seriously I put wayyy more thought it into than any normal, sane person should put into such a decision. After my Verizon play time, we took Eve to see "Where the Wild Things Are". I triple love this book and had imagined that I would VERY much love the movie...but I didn't. I found it kind of sad...it was not my fave. I'll stick with the book.
Saturday resulted in play date mania. Eve has been dying to play with her friend Mia from school. Mia came to her birthday party, but I don't really know her parents so it's just never happened. Mia's mother came to a school event last week and Eve hunted her down, made us exchange phone numbers, and set herself up with a play date this weekend. The kid goes after what she wants...I like that about her. So, Eve went to Mia's house Saturday for a few blissful hours while I finally figured out my phone upgrade (LG enV Touch for the curious...it's going to be awesome!) and went to the beach for a few quiet hours. Then, Mia came to our house for a few more hours to play. They entertained each other ALL day...loved it!

Today, I took both girls to the Pumpkin Patch. It's between Waipahu and Kapolei on the other (dry, humid, hot) side of the island. It was really fun, despite the parentheses information. The girls rode rides, bounced on the bouncy things, took a hay ride, and picked the most fantastic white pumpkins. I've never had a white pumpkin before and Eve decided that since we live in Hawaii it should be a snorkel pumpkin. We saw a similar idea to this one in a magazine she gets and we did our own version. I freaking love it...best pumpkin ever. Tonight after CRH got home, he made us the most delicious roasted garlic steak dinner. We ate outside on the patio with a bottle of wine, the trade winds, and delightful family conversation. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

No comments: