Wednesday, December 30, 2009

After Work


CRH and Eve were off today while I worked. CRH texted me around 4pm to tell me that "Honey Girl", our resident monk seal, was out on the reef behind our house. I rushed home to see her!! I freaking love the monk seals and I have not seen one in forever! Admittedly when I first got out there, I was FAR more excited by the cool colorful shrimp that were in the very low tide pool. I've never seen shrimp out there before and these guys were green and way colorful and there were a few others that were red and white striped...how awesome is that?!


CRH climbed up on the reef earlier in the day and took this picture above of the seal. When I went out, the seal was just sort of laying there as they are apt to do. She did pick her head up when this couple from Idaho got a little too close and CRH started talking to them, but overall she basically ignored all of us. We saw all kinds of coolness in the water today...sea cucumbers, a sea slug, shrimp, crabs, fish, and of course the MONK SEAL!

Hawaiian Whitespotted Toby

Sea Slug

No comments: