Sunday, December 6, 2009

Paradise Found


Just when I thought this island couldn't get any better, it did today. I got up this morning with the intention of doing three things. I wanted to go to the Farmer's Market, I wanted a Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks, and I wanted to see the big waves along the North Shore. Well, the waves were kind of lame today, not so big. I hear a swell is coming though and I have high hopes for Tuesday! The Farmer's Market kind of sucked b/c the vendors that I really like seem to have stopped coming, although I did find our Christmas tree farm and it's going to be awesome, but that's another post. One out of three was rocking though - that latte was super yum. I was sort of torn about going to the beach since the waves sucked and Sunset was super packed for the last day of the O'Neil and then I remembered this beach access that I've seen but have not been down near the turtle beach in Haleiwa. I decided today was a great day to explore it while I was kid free. Eve and CRH decided to stay home while I ventured out this morning. OMG, I stumbled off the access path into paradise. I sat on this gorgeous stretch of beach with my latte in total peace and quiet. For most of the time I was there, I was the ONLY person on the beach. Well this guy was there, but he left quickly upon my arrival.

A small, quiet family joined me but they were way down from where I was laying. It was just pure bliss. I've found my new happy place. I am never, ever leaving this island...ever...sorry Mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy - The day we went to the LOST beach camp we had breakfast at the Haleiwa Cafe and then parked at the beach park there in town and walked to the camp. We found out later that was the long hike to it...lol...but it was a beautiful walk none the less...hot but beautiful. :)
The lovely secluded beach you found looks like it was in the same general area. Is it?

Amy said...

Yes, it's right down the road from it! I think if I'd walked a little I would have found the exact spot.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was the same area. :)
Hope you're still enjoying the show...and don't know if you've heard yet but there will be a beach premiere event for season 6.
Copy and paste that link if it doesn't automatically link..

http://www.hawaiiweblog.com/2009/12/11/lost-beach-premiere-2010

There hasn't been one since 2006 and this one promises to be great since it'll be the last one. Had we known they'd have one last one, I might have waited to come to the island. As it is, it's very tempting to come back for a chance to meet several of the castmembers! :)
We did meet two while there though, and it was wonderful!