Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why I Feel Bad About My Thoughts Sometimes...

Today I went to work at 10:30am and Eve went to Khristy's since she was out of school. We were busy at work for a little bit, but I was counting the minutes until I got off. CRH and I were going to meet and watch sunset along the North Shore. Bobby is usually right on time to relieve me at 4pm. At 3pm, I get this couple in that were waiting out a road closure. It was reported that THE road (There is ONE rd around the island from Kaneohe to Haleiwa and I live on it) was closed due to a wreck. I silently cursed the people that had caused this. I was told it would be at least 2 hours before it reopened. Then I got a call from Khristy, she knew the woman that had died in the head on collision between a van and a Marine Convoy and it had happened within a few blocks of her house. I instantly felt super sorry for my friend and even more horrible about my thoughts of inconvenience. The road finally opened up tonight around 8:30pm. On the news clip, you could see the pain of the very young soldier involved in the wreck. I went to see my friend and listened to her cry and I hope that this day has made me a nicer person.

No comments: