Friday, September 26, 2008

Forgotten Foods

In my free time this week, I have been reading a lot of other people's blogs...I don't know why but I find it slightly entertaining...something akin to reading someone else's diary...but with permission. Anyway, I stumbled upon one tonight that I thought was funny about the Forgotten Foods of our childhood...things that we ate then that we have not touched in our adult lives. I think this guy was British, so some of his were weird. He was also a product of the 1960s and quite frankly those of you that were around then ate some weird shit...seriously. So, my list is as follows and I'm oddly curious about your own...feel free to comment.

1. Spam (although as I mentioned before the Hawaiians LOVE it...so it's possible it may come back around...who knows...but I strongly doubt it)
2. Potted Meat - you know the white container with the devil on it
3. Vienna Sausages - the very thought makes me now throw up a little..how they are packed in that gooey stuff...ick.
4. "Tuna Casserole" - my mom made this by making a box of mac and cheese and stirring in a can of tuna...oh god, I hope she doesn't get mad that I published her recipe!
5. Beefaroni - There is actually a can currently in my cabinet though because I thought Eve might possibly consider eating it.
6. Fruit Roll ups - Again, those are in my cabinet since Eve WILL actually eat them...but I can't seem to stomach one.
7. Those orange candy peanuts...my grandfather triple loved them...I used them for crafts in school...but also as a snack...the very fact that they are craft material should make them inedible...really.
8. Bologna - what is it anyway?? Stop...don't tell me...I REALLY don't want to know.

No comments: