Friday, June 27, 2008

Maui

The Hart Family is headed there this weekend for a little getaway! Getaway from what you might ask...we freaking live in paradise...but it's nice to have a little change of scenery...even here in paradise. We are taking the SuperFerry over tomorrow morning and will be coming back Sunday night.

I have to work 4 days next week...hope I'm ready! Whew...it'll be a busy week! Plus, I have to go get my yellow card to bartend and I have an interview with Singles of Hawaii. This is a part-time "hostess" position...hear me out...it's not what you think. So, I was approved for unemployment, but part of the deal is that I apply for 2 jobs per week. I applied for an event coordinator job with this company a few days ago. They called me today to set up an interview. Apparently, I would "hostess" events and mingle with the single people that join this agency to help make them feel at ease. Here's what I get out of it...a free meal at the nice restaurants where they organize these events and the admission fees paid by the participants. I won't get rich doing it, but it might be fun (at the very least a free meal and some shopping money!). I could even move up to event manager if I'm good enough...everyone needs aspirations! I'm fine being a hostess. I don't want to have to overwork this part-time job thing.

No comments: