Monday, June 30, 2008

My first official day of work...

it did not go well. Well, it actually went quite fine until 11:30am (I went in at 10am). So, I get to The Crouching Lion for my first official shift...the private party was just that...not open to "regular customers"...so it doesn't really count. Now, we don't have a liquor license until tomorrow...so I'm not sure why I was scheduled anyway...other than to make smoothies and sodas. I am in the middle of trying to open a bottle of grenadine with a paring knife, while talking to one of the waiters...you see where this is going? I was not looking at said bottle and knife and cut into my finger. I sliced into the top of it and it started gushing blood. The manager applied some 1st Aid, but we determined I may need stitches. I drove myself to Kaneohe to the Dr. (where I'm a frequent customer these days) and "Skippy" my Dr. (who was maybe all of 23 years of age) said it just needed to be taped up and it should heal fine...should?? They taped me up, gave me a Tetanus shot (just to be on the safe side), and sent me on my way. I tried to go back to work, but I hit my finger on something about 5 minutes after returning and it started leaking again...so they sent me home. It was quite a day...great impression for my manager and the owners, huh? :)
PS It's also really hard to type without use of my middle finger!

No comments: