Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crabs, Mongoose, and the Leeward side of Oahu

Today we started off with a nice video chat with Ya-Ya and Daddy Roy. Then, we went back to Laie Point. It's so pretty there! Today, we saw the huge crabs. It was high tide and they were in little pools of water and/or clinging to the side of the rocks. Afterwards, we headed over to the Leeward side of Oahu. CRH and I were NOT fans on our initial excursion...it's just not as pretty...but we have heard the beaches are nice...so we thought we would try it again. It ended up rainy and we decided to skip the beach experience altogether. That and it's really far from the house and a long way to drive home all gross and sandy/sticky. It was ok...there were some pretty areas (especially at the very tip) but overall it's just not that spectacular. At the very tip of the point though, we saw like 5 or 6 mongoose...I had not seen one yet...it was weird. They are too rodent-like for my liking...but kind of neat to see I guess.
So, we ate lunch at this really local place...by that I mean...craphole. CRH refered to it as a bacteria infestation. He's vomiting up his lunch as I'm typing. It really wasn't great the 1st time around either (sorry!)...plate lunches (which the Hawaiian people seem to really, really like)...but with really fatty meat...it will not be on the tour when you guys come to visit!
After lunch, we went out to Ko'Olina Resort and drove around some. Don't think that $4.39 a gallon gas is going to deter us...and we saw black swans! I have never, ever in my life seen a black swan. I got a little too close to them when Eve and I went to check them out and take pics...one got out and started coming toward us...we retreated hastily. CRH was in the car laughing at us.

No comments: